Science is the systematic study of the nature and behavior of objects and the natural universe based on measuring, experimenting, observing, and shaping laws. You may have heard many terms related to the word “science” since childhood. Therefore, sometimes you can think of this area of study as a topic without categories. But this is wrong. We can scientifically disseminate student councils in this area for educational purposes.
After reading this article, you can prove that no one can become an expert in any field of science. But don’t feel negative. All of these subtopics fit together. In other words, applications in all other domains require basic domain knowledge.
What is Science?
In simple words, Science is the study of the real and natural world through different observation and experimentation.
Science is all around us. Now it is science as you exist and are reading this lesson. The process of making the air we breathe is also science. The food we enjoy, the water we drink, and the clothes we wear are all based on science. Looking into the atmosphere, you can gain insight into another branch of science: astronomy. You cannot avoid this, science is everywhere and it is one of the most important subjects in our world.
Science is mainly divided into four main areas.
- Natural Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Formal Sciences
- Applied Sciences
Each of these branches has subsections, depending on the nature of the article. And there are overlapping scientific topics. This topic contains two subsections for the main areas above.
Formal science serves as a natural and social science tool for making applications. As said above, all these areas are interconnected.
What is Natural Science?
Want to know more about the universe And want to know about nature? Then you have to choose the field of science named natural science. This Science explains the various laws of nature using the scientific method of science.
Researchers observe the environment and identify specific or everyday problems related to nature. Then use scientific methods to find a solution or describe the problem. The scientific method is the basic procedure of standard research.
This branch is further divided into two main disciplines.
- Physical science
- Life Science
What is Physical science?
Physical science is an important field of science. Considering all fields of science, physical science can be a platinum subject. Because knowledge in this subject area is very important in all other subject areas. There are only three subgroups in science: chemistry, physics, and astronomy. They all see the physical side of how things happen. Although this science is often still studying life and the Earth, it has a physical interest in what happens in each subject.
- Chemistry is the study of substances at the chemical level. In chemistry, we study individual elements and how they interact with each other. We study which chemicals are important and how we can make them react with others.
- Physics is the study of matter in terms of energy and motion. In physics, we Learn how different matter reacts with energy. We study the factors that cause energy and how it affects everything around us (including ourselves).
- Astronomy is the study of the world beyond this world. This is space exploration. He uses his knowledge of chemistry and physics to better understand what happens there, such as what chemical stars form and how these chemicals eventually react. Knowing how energy works, you can measure Earth’s speed and understand gravity.
What is Life Science?
There is no exact definition of “life” for this stage. When describing life, researchers only provide functions. So there is a lot to learn from the word life. All living things are studied in science or biology. Life sciences, which can also be called biology, contain many subsets. The most common of these are botany, zoology, genetics, human biology, nutrition, and medicine. This science explores how various living things work.
- Botany is the study of the plant kingdom. Study factors that aid and interfere with plant growth and explore natural growth under human control. It also investigates the habitat and plant distribution in which the plants grow.
- Zoology is the study of the animal world and learns how animals live. This includes how animals interact with each other and their growth, health, and longevity.
- Genetics studies genes and heredity. Geneticists can focus on animals, plants, or humans. Example of the topic: Why a child looks like a parent and how to make an apple tree grow bigger.
Molecular biology is the tool of life science. For those unfamiliar, it’s the study of all living thing at a molecular level (such as metabolism pathways, biomolecules, and more).
What is Formal Science?
The difference between science and formal science is that not all theories are tested with real-world science. All formal scientific theories are based on human imagination. Let’s look at the key areas of formal science.
All of the above sciences must be studied according to the system under supervision. You can use math as a tool for the purpose. The Logic is the most relevant for studying the intelligent activities. Hence, computer science often relies on this subject area as a tool. Statistics is used as a tool for all scientific researches as they help to organize and evaluate the results of the study and the data.
What is Social Science?
Social science is a branch of science that deals with the study of society and the relationships between people within this society. The term was previously used to refer to the field of sociology, the original “social alphabet” created in the 19th century. In addition to sociology, he currently covers a wide range of disciplines including anthropology, archaeology, economics, human geography, linguistics, business administration, media studies, politics, psychology, and social history. Advances in technology make it easier to learn social science through social media.
- Geology helps to study the science of the origin, history, the formation of the Earth, and all related physical, chemical, and biological processes that occur.
- Oceanography is the study and study of water bodies such as the sea.
- Paleontology is generally considered to be all forms of life that existed in prehistoric or geological times.
- Meteorology covers all aspects of science dealing with the atmosphere and related phenomena in terms of weather and climate.
What is Applied Science?
The other three disciplines study the theory of individual subjects. It is difficult to understand the subject if you only know the thematic theory. Thus, applied science has moved to the field of science. In applied science, it is the study of how people can apply the subject theory. For example, it produces inexpensive fuels to meet energy needs.
This field is an important scientific field. Because we want scientific applications, not theoretical knowledge. All industrial applications are linked to applied science research. Also, all fields of science have fields of applied science such as applied physics, applied mathematics, applied biology, etc.
Some Special Branches of Science
Here are some other interdisciplinary science disciplines that have emerged over the years.
- Agricultural Economics: Cultivated Plants
- Anthropology: human past, behavior, and culture
- Aviation technology: aircraft and aircraft
- Astronomy: Celestial Body
- Astrophysics: understanding how the universe works
- Biotechnology: Product creation/development using microorganisms
- Cytology: Cell Studies
- Technology: scientific principles and their application
- Extra Biology: Extraterrestrial Life
- Forensic Science: Applying Science to Criminal Justice/Investigation
- Materials Science: The study that includes studying the properties of different solid materials.
- Mycology: Study of fungi
- Ornithology: the study of birds
- Psychology: Understanding the human mind and behavior
- Petrology: race, descent, and function
- Radiology: Diagnosis and treatment of various diseases
- Toxicology: chemical composition and its effect on organisms
- Virology: virus research
Science is a huge field and it is developing and spreading speedily. Many of the branches are still unknown and undefined. Gradually different subjects and branches are being added to science so it’s impossible to define science and its branches completely. Hope this article will help you in understanding a bit about this subject and increase a little knowledge about science in your minds.